Take Care Of Yourself. Find Your B.L.I.S.S.
It is NOT selfish to take care of yourself first.
In fact, in this pandemic, doing so is a way of caring for your loved ones too. As a colleague said, “taking care of yourself means one less person that your family and friends need to worry about.”
But how does one care for yourself these days?
Here are my quick thoughts.
Our movements are limited. For us in the Philippines, we are still under lockdown. We have to watch our diet and lifestyle.
- How are you taking care of our physical body?
- Without your usual sports activities, what are you doing to exercise?
- What are you fueling your body with?
Learning does not have to be something practical. It is about keeping our mind occupied.
- How are you taking care of your mind?
- What new thing are you learning? Skill, knowledge or, maybe something fun, like a craft, a hobby or a game?
It’s a very unstable time in the market, and worries and anxieties about the stability of our income can be unsettling.
- How are you taking care of your finances?
- How are you making sure that your income > expenses?
We are social beings. Some are better at staying at home and being by themselves, but we all need other people. In fact, I read somewhere that introverts are having a worst time in this pandemic.
- How are you maintaining your relationship with other people?
- What are you doing to have that regular contact with loved ones?
- What are you doing to have a different mix of people in your life? Apart from the immediate family you live with.
Spiritual or Sense of Purpose
A lot are struggling to find meaning amid all this chaos
- What are you doing to have peace of mind?
- If you believe in a higher being, how are you keeping that relationship?
Find your BLISS
Hopefully this helps you in take care of your self and push you towards your journey to WELLNESS.