It has been awhile since I wrote here. Yes, my multi-tasking lifestyle did get to me a bit but I actually have a better reason these past 12 days… I was out in MOA shouting “Laban Pilipinas”
Yes! Alaine, Kuya and I were present in all Gilas Pilipinas games from start to finish… from opening day until the finals earlier. We did not really plan it this way. We were only supposed to watch the first two days but when we saw the grit and determination of the team to win (PUSO!), we got hooked and ended up watching all Pilipinas games* and exhausting all our vocal power! 🙂 LABAN PILIPINAS!
We absolutely loved
- … how Gabe made an impact with his defense
- … how the crowd saved Gary
- … how Junemar held his own against the best big man in Asia
- … how Jeff shot the lights out
- … how consistent and reliable Larry was
- … how Marcus dominated the inside game
- … how LA ran circles around the other teams
- … how RDO made basketball look so easy
- … how Japeth was being aggressive on both ends of the court
- and those ferocious dunks of course
- … how Jimmy showed what leadership was all about
- … how Mark played way bigger than his actual frame through sheer will power alone
- … how Jason showed the whole world why he was called “The Bluuuuuuur”
- … uhm, Chot’s antics (?!?)
- To be fair to Chot, I think he did a great job with the team
- … and I’m sure he had reasons for the questionable moves (at least to me) that he made
- Read more about: The winning ways of Chot Reyes, the brains behind Gilas Pilipinas.
Despite the tough loss to Iran earlier, I am really proud of our team and I am excited to watch them in 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup in Spain.
* Hats-off and kisses to my lovely wife Alaine who stood in line for hours to get us tickets for the quarterfinals, semis and finals games
** Yes, we bought tickets to the semis and finals game before the quarterfinals!!! Laban Pilipinas!
Ryan’s top five talent themes are:
Relator, Arranger, Learner, Maximizer and Individualization.
Do you want a 30-minute complimentary coaching session with Coach Rye? Check out his availability here: Calendly.