(Real) Money-generating activities will vary greatly depending on industry, but a few of them include:
- Developing products and services
- Creating a product from a service-based business (or a service from a product-based business)
- Performing paid consulting calls or visits
- Writing to existing customers or clients with a promotion or reminder
- Widening the net by reaching out to new prospects and customers
- Building an affiliate or referral program
- Otherwise increasing income and sales, the lifeblood of your business
And here’s a quick rundown of busy work:
- Anything else.— From 99u.com
It’s unfortunate that people (including myself) are often sucked into busy work in order to give stakeholders “peace of mind.” There are the project plans, the status reports, the recurring meetings, the unnecessary documents and so much more.
In an ideal world, it would be so simple.
In the software testing industry, real work is simply testing, testing and testing…
Ryan’s top five talent themes are:
Relator, Arranger, Learner, Maximizer and Individualization.
Do you want a 30-minute complimentary coaching session with Coach Rye? Check out his availability here: Calendly.